db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: commons-collection 3.0
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:55:28 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Jakob Braeuchi dijo:
> > hi all,
> >
> > the problem with commons-collection 3.0 is that torque semms not to like
> > it.
> > so i had to go back to 2.1.1
>
> Sad to hear that. Is posible to update/upgrade torque too? ;-)

That is possible, but a lot of work for both the developers and the
users. The main reason for this is that they changed the whole Torque
build script, so the complete test-db build process has to be
adapted. Also, they renamed all properties (i.e. the profiles in OJB), so
every user that uses Torque has to adapt her own build files as well.

So I'd suggest we stick to commons-collections 2.1.1 for the 1.0 (which is
not used in OJB itself anyway). BTW, I'll integrate commons-sql after the
1.0 which should provide an easier way to setup the database for both
OJB's unit tests and for the users so there would no need to use Torque
for the unit tests anymore.

Tom