db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: Release 1.0
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:52:06 GMT
I did 1.0rc7, Thomas M. did the ones prior to that I believe. I am
happy to roll this one out and can do so this afternoon now that major
issues are resolved if no one else has time or wants to.

The general release process etc as I understand it is:

Tag the release:
cvs tag "OJB_1_0"

build the distribution:
ant release

Sanity checks

generate md5 sums and gpg sigs on each artifact (include your gpg pub
key in KEYS in the root of the project not (this is all Jakarta release
stuff I stole)).

copy up to minotaur and place artifacts in appropriate place under
/www/db.apache.org/builds/ojb/

Sanity check the site one more time

Untar the site into "foo" (where foo is arbitrary temp dir)

from the db.apache.org dir rearracge the dirs:
mv ojb ojb.rc7_2 && mv foo ojb

tell the PMC ( I notified them of upcoming release already, nice to
tell everyone it has been done, with link to vote thread,
marc.theaimsgroup.com is a convenient way of pointing out threads).

send an email to announce@apache.org, ojb-users@apache.org

Dion Almaer asked me to also write something up and submit to
TheServerSide.com when we made the 1.0 release, which I'd be happy to
do.

-Brian