db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: PersistentField implementations, dramatic performance differences
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:31:19 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:

> I don't know in detail why it was so slow, but it depends on
> PFAutoProxyImpl and PFIntrospectorImpl, so it never can be faster than
> these implementations. Another problem is that for nested fields many
> new objects where created (e.g. internal PersistentFields).
>
> Difficult to figure out what's the main problem. That's the reason why
> I start rewriting the implementations.

I was wondering: for the test case that you just checked in, is the
FieldDescriptor instance created once prior to the 300000 runs, or is it
created anew in each run? The latter case would explain the bad
performance of the auto proxy impl because it determines the actual impl
to use when created.

Tom