db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PersistentField implementations, dramatic performance differences
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:20:43 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> Armin Waibel wrote:
>

>> > IMO you should check it in but perhaps only after the 1.0 (for 1.0.1) ?
>> > Btw, could you also check the performance of the AutoProxy impl ?
>>
>> I tested this, results are unacceptable. See results in my first post.
>

> Um, yes, I missed that.
> Do you have an idea why the auto proxy impl is so slow ?

I don't know in detail why it was so slow, but it depends on
PFAutoProxyImpl and PFIntrospectorImpl, so it never can be faster than
these implementations. Another problem is that for nested fields many
new objects where created (e.g. internal PersistentFields).

Difficult to figure out what's the main problem. That's the reason why I
start rewriting the implementations.

regards,
Armin