db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <martin.ka...@curalia.se>
Subject Re: Postponing 1.0 until Weds, Jun 23
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:03:27 GMT
Martin Kalén wrote:

> With these issues out of the way, these are the results running
> ant junit
> against db-ojb HEAD from CVS as of June 21 2004 12:30 UTC
> with Sun JDK 1.4.2_04 on Windows XP SP 1, Oracle9i Personal rel 9.2.0.1.0
> (with OJB.skip.issues=true in build.properties):
> "
>     [junit] Running org.apache.ojb.broker.AllTests
>     [junit] Tests run: 402, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Time elapsed:
> 116,328 sec

Failures:
1) BlobTest.testReadNullBlob
Incorrect field mappings for Torque: Oracle confused when getting
data from [BC]LOB with null-data.

Already resolved by Armins commit for issue OJB-268
http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/OJB268

2) BlobTest.testBlobInsertion
The test case uses long [BC]LOB values and I had P6Spy activated,
causing native Oracle LOB handling to fail (it must have direct
access to the OracleConnection, OraclePreparedStatement etc).

There have been reports on the list about using Oracle LOBs in a managed
environment (eg WebLogic) - these issues are probably related.

I will open up a separate issue and adding a patch with better info
in the exceptions thrown when native Oracle LOB handling can't be used.

However; the BlobTest.testBlobInsertion can be considered OK as it
passes with the properties that OJB ship with.

3) OptimisticLockingTest.testTimestampLock
See my mail re "Nanosecond precision makes optimistic locking unusable with Oracle"

>     [junit] Running org.apache.ojb.odmg.AllTests
>     [junit] Tests run: 196, Failures: 0, Errors: 1

Haven't looked yet - on it... ;-)

Regards,
  Martin

--