db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: Some questions regarding ojb-blank
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:48:09 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

>> * The 'ojb-blank' target should only include the repository files
>> repository_databasel, _user and _internal, but not those for the unit
>> tests.
>

> I included them so they could be used as samples. Rip them out if you
> feel it'd work better, or I can. I don't feel strongly either way.

I'd like to remove them from ojb-blank because it will get a lot easier
to understand IMO, but I didn't do so yet because I didn't want to have
the DTD and the internal tables in multiple places.
Perhaps we can move some files (e.g. the DTD, repository_internal.xml,
OJB.properties and a few others) from the src/test/org/apache/ojb
directory to a more toplevel folder and include/copy them in the build
process as needed ?

>> * Resources for ojb-blank should be in a separate subfolder of src
>> (why is the build file for ojb-blank in src/test/org/apache/ojb ?)
>> (partly changed: build.xml and build.properties of ojb-blank reside
>> now in src/ojb-blank)
>>
>> * Why does ojb-blank depend on prepare-testdb ?
>

> To generate the base mappings etc. At the time it was created I got
> really fed up with trying to munge the torque stuff independent of the
> unit tests.

WDYT, should I include a Torque or commons-sql setup target in the build
file ?

Tom