db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Some questions regarding ojb-blank
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:33:07 GMT
While checking the "Getting started" doc and tutorials I noticed a
couple of things about the ojb-blank stuff that I'd like to ask/propose:

* The ojb-blank.jar should be a separate download on the ojb site, and
the "Getting Started" should be updated accordingly - a first-time user
should not be required to download the source dist.

* 'ojb-blank' should depend on 'jar-debug', not on 'jar' (is changed).

* We should provide Eclipse and IDEA project setups in the ojb-blank for
easier use (I added a basic Eclipse project).

* The 'ojb-blank' target should only include the repository files
repository_databasel, _user and _internal, but not those for the unit tests.

* The property files for P6Spy should not be included, and it will be
enough if the log4j.properties are there (no need for
commons-logging.properties or simplelog.properties) (is changed)

* The list of libraries for ojb-blank should be a white-list so that
libraries that are present in the ojb lib dir but are not required for
the blank will not be copied (e.g. jcs, j2ee, jdo etc.) (partly changed
to exclude some of them)

* Resources for ojb-blank should be in a separate subfolder of src (why
is the build file for ojb-blank in src/test/org/apache/ojb ?) (partly
changed: build.xml and build.properties of ojb-blank reside now in
src/ojb-blank)

* Why does ojb-blank depend on prepare-testdb ?

As a sidenote, why does 'jar' include the jca stuff for OTM, but
'jar-debug' does not ?

Tom