db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb .cvsignore build.xml build.properties
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:02:05 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>> hmm, I'm not sure. But I tend to agree with you. If a user needs all
>> javadoc it will be easy to add such a target by one's own hand.
>>

>> In the [db-ojb]/src/test directory are two packages which contain
>> useful javadoc information:
>> - org.apache.ojb.junit
>> Contains junit extension class to implement multithreaded junit test
>> and helper classes to setup OJB tests.
>>
>> org.apache.ojb.performance
>> Contains all classes to setup the OJB performance test (ant
>> 'perf-test' target to run the test, 'perf-test.jar' to build the test
>> jar file)
>> Link in docs:
>> http://www.powaibel.de/ojb/ojb-style/docu/performance.html#How+OJB+compares+to+other+O%2FR+mapping+tools%3F

>> Do you think we should include javadoc of these classes in test dir?
>

> Depends on the intended audience, I think. If they are for advanced
> users, so to say, than perhaps yes, though a short howto ("Unit testing
> OJB applications") wouldn't go amiss either with the additional benefit
> that it's easier to find.

Both topics are listed in the docs. There is a topic 'Testing' in docs
with subheadings 'Test Suite' and 'Write Tests'

http://www.powaibel.de/ojb/ojb-style/docu/testwrite.html

And within the 'Performance' docs the usage of
'org.apache.ojb.performance' classes are described.

Both topics are NOT only for developers (e.g. the performance api could
help to compare OJB against other persistence layer)

Armin