db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb .cvsignore build.xml build.properties
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:35:15 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:

> hmm, I'm not sure. But I tend to agree with you. If a user needs all
> javadoc it will be easy to add such a target by one's own hand.
>

> In the [db-ojb]/src/test directory are two packages which contain
> useful javadoc information:
> - org.apache.ojb.junit
> Contains junit extension class to implement multithreaded junit test
> and helper classes to setup OJB tests.
>
> org.apache.ojb.performance
> Contains all classes to setup the OJB performance test (ant
> 'perf-test' target to run the test, 'perf-test.jar' to build the test
> jar file)
> Link in docs:
> http://www.powaibel.de/ojb/ojb-style/docu/performance.html#How+OJB+compares+to+other+O%2FR+mapping+tools%3F

> Do you think we should include javadoc of these classes in test dir?

Depends on the intended audience, I think. If they are for advanced
users, so to say, than perhaps yes, though a short howto ("Unit testing
OJB applications") wouldn't go amiss either with the additional benefit
that it's easier to find. If this is only for developers, then probably
no, because I think we're rather looking into the classes themselves
than in the generated Javadocs - for this case at least.

Tom