db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb .cvsignore build.xml build.properties
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:27:19 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> in build.xml old version you can run two different javadoc targets:
>> - api
>> generate selective classes
>> - javadoc
>> generate javadoc for all classes of OJB
>>
>> Now it's not possible to generate javadoc for all OJB classes. Don't
>> we need a 'javadoc-all' target or something similar?
>

> I merged them because I didn't see the need for two such targets but
> left out the unit tests (which are not particular useful in the Javadocs
> IMO). I didn't understand why in one target only selected packages where
> included but left it in place because I thought the other packages are
> not (currently) meant as an API. I can undo this change if you think
> that we still need two targets ?

hmm, I'm not sure. But I tend to agree with you. If a user needs all
javadoc it will be easy to add such a target by one's own hand.

In the [db-ojb]/src/test directory are two packages which contain useful
javadoc information:
- org.apache.ojb.junit
Contains junit extension class to implement multithreaded junit test and
helper classes to setup OJB tests.

org.apache.ojb.performance
Contains all classes to setup the OJB performance test (ant 'perf-test'
target to run the test, 'perf-test.jar' to build the test jar file)
Link in docs:
http://www.powaibel.de/ojb/ojb-style/docu/performance.html#How+OJB+compares+to+other+O%2FR+mapping+tools%3F

Do you think we should include javadoc of these classes in test dir?

regards,
Armin