db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject The never coming final release 1.0
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:39:09 GMT
Hi:

For more than a year, many of us were waiting for the OJB final 1.0. My
perception is that it is a non reacheable target. There is just another
stuff or change need to be done and each of them seems to be so important
that need to be included in the "final 1.0".

We have already 6 release candidates and seems none of them was good
enough to be a final 1.0 release. I don't think so.

I am writing no because someone is pushing my back telling me that I need
to have a final 1.0 release in my hands. But because I see a problem:

The never released final 1.0 is freezing further OJB development. I often
see comments like: "This feature need to wait after 1.0 is release..."

I think it is time to seriously consider making a 1.0 release and stop
freezeing futher development. As I often hear: "Sometimes less is better".

I hope nobody will take this post as a personal rant. I really appreciate
the OJB community and the effort that the development team is doing.
Please take this message in the best sense you can. And think about that.
;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.