db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [OT] looking for project interest
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:31:31 GMT
Hi Robert:

I read all the mails related to this post. I think it is interesting
because new ideas are always welcomed. It is great to share ideas and to
know new approachs. I will try to participate in this interesting
discussion:

1-In OJB, we can access write SQL statements using JDBC directly. Another
option is using QueryBySQL or ReportQueries.

2-In the case of the FastLine Reader, I think it can be incorpored in OJB.
It can be an internal enhancement that the user will no see at all. This
can be done as part of improvements efforts of the OJB community.

3-I noted that JDO os not being mentioned and I think it is important too.
The JDO support in OJB allow transparent persistence for persistence
stores as RDBMS and filesystems in a similar manner as JBDC.

4-Also the reachability problem is solved in OJB or JDO.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo