db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: Prefixes for OJB's properties ?
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 11:16:03 GMT
On Fri, 28 May 2004, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> It might be not popular outside the world of Cocoon, but what about
> doing this in an XML format? Instead of many long and unreadable lines like
>
> > org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManager.class=org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl
> > org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManager.implicitLocking=true
>
> you can have
>
> <LockManager>
>    <class>org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl</class>
>    <implicitLocking>true</implicitLocking>
> </LockManager>
>
> Through a namespace you can also prefix the elements.

XML might be a good idea, but mapping it this way requires to directly
code the supported properties in the configuration just like it is
now (or to have something more complex like letting components configure
themselves from the config DOM). I'd like to have something more generic
yet readable if possible.

Tom