db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Prefixes for OJB's properties ?
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 10:52:53 GMT
I was wondering whether OJB's properties should be prefixed
? E.g. currently we have properties like:

    LockManagerClass=org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl
    ImplicitLocking=true

which could (should ?) be written as:

org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManager.class=org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl
    org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManager.implicitLocking=true

This would IMO two benefits:

- OJB properties can easily coexist with properties for other
libraries/applications (thats the reason why Torque prefixed their
properties)

- Initialization would be easier to implement and more flexible as the
property name defines a path to a bean property (e.g. property
implicitLocking in the currently used lock manager implementation) and so
the Configuration parsing can be made generic and all default values can
be specified in the relevant classes

Tom