db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: OJB / Spring Framework Module
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 12:10:51 GMT
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:

> I think that Robert Sfeir and Chris Laprun are working on this --
> though I have been nudging them to help with the JDO stuff and use
> Spring's JDO integration instead (2 birds, 1 stone).
>
> Using OJB with Spring shouldn't be a problem in any way, using it in
> conjunction with the non-JTA unified transaction stuff will take some
> more integration code, as will using OJB through their DAO framework.

I think there is one important thing to be done here though, regardless of
whether there is a spring-ojb module or not. I believe that we need some
article, or better: tutorial, on how to use ojb with spring, and place it
prominent on the ojb website.
BTW, similarily IMO we need tutorials (as opposed to how-tos) on how to
use ojb with JBoss, with Struts, with JasperReports, with Geronimo, and
with Tomcat/Jetty.

Tom