db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject SODA (and OTM) was Re: [DB OJB Wiki] Updated: OJBOnePointOne
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 11:08:48 GMT
On May 12, 2004, at 5:28 AM, ojb-dev@db.apache.org wrote:

> + * I [thma] vote for removing support for the S.O.D.A query API
> (http://sodaquery.sourceforge.net/docs/index.html). I think we should
> focus on the standards like JDO and ODMG that have found some
> acceptance in the market.

+1 Supporting standards (as many as possible anyway, so many to pick
from...) is the nest route forward.

Actually, random and probably bad idea, why not remove the current OTM
client side as well? Expose the OTM services via a PB implementation
that manages state via the OTM internals behind the scenes. It would be
one less source of confusion for users (how many client interfaces do
we expose right now?)

-Brian