db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Separation of OJB and Logging settings
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 17:12:45 GMT
Thomas Dudziak dijo:
> On Sat, 29 May 2004, Jakob Braeuchi wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> i would also like to get rid of the proprietary ojb-logger, but that's
>> another
>> issue...
>
> Shall I migrate OJB to commons-logging ? The API is pretty much the same
> so this is not much work, but this probably affects every OJB source file,
> so it might lead to merge failures for local branches.

Yesterday in Cocoon was a discussion about logging. The problem in
common-logging seems to be that uses black magic to detect the logging
approach:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108566495132450&w=2

OJB is a jar that can be used in standalone applications as well as
servlets and inside Applications servers. In this way I would prefer to
stay away of commons-logging.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo