db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] commons-logging
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 14:44:45 GMT
I don't follow all discussions last week, so be patience with me ;-)

+1 for use commons-logging instead of OJB proprietary PoorMansLogger

-1 for remove of OJB Logging wrapper (LoggerFactory/Logger) before 1.0

I'm against removing the wrapper before 1.0 because,
- user implementation classes maybe use these classes for logging
- the LoggerClass is pluggable, thus user can easily plug (and I think
some do) in their own proprietary logging api (ok, this is possible with
commons-logging too)

regards,
Armin