db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RFC] OJB in-a-jar
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 21:46:27 GMT
On 26.05.2004 23:02, Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> - When the default settings are integrated into the dist (either in the
> code or as a file in the jar), then it will be easier for users to migrate
> to a new OJB version. Currently it happens every so often that the OJB
> libraries are updated, but not the OJB.properties (or the DTD which also
> could be checked per default) which leads to errors concerning missing or
> wrong settings - these could be at least reduced

Separating the default settings from the users settings is a very
important point. We suffer from the same problem in Cocoon and its conf
files. We have a xpatch task merging user's conf into Cocoon's conf
there, but that's by far not the optimum. For OJB that's not possible as
there is for example the OJB.properties text file. Now in my project
with different settings for dev and live server I have to provide two
different extension mechanism for Cocoon's and OJB's config.

The OJB_HL_SEQ table added by Robert is another problem I had too.

Joerg