db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [kernel refactoring] What do you think about
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 17:06:02 GMT
Hi all,

ok, seems I don't have a change to get this stuff in ;-)

Nevertheless I adjure to vote for check in of the internal changes
(without PB-api changes) before next RC. This will prepare 1.0 for
future enhancements and will keep 1.0.x code more consistent with 1.1.
We have nearly 700 junit tests this should allow us a continuous
development. Now have said all I have to say ;-)

An alternative will be to make an 1.0 branch this weekend, so I can
check in this stuff in 1.1 trunk (additionally I have much more stuff
for 1.1 wait for check in).
But features like IdentityFactory, enable/disable caching at runtime and
two level cache will be useful in 1.0.x too. But I don't see a change to
implement this in 1.0.x again or do a backward port from trunk (because
one day only has 24 hours ;-)).

regards,
Armin