db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Speaking of 1.0
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 07:08:23 GMT
Hi Brian,

Brian McCallister wrote:

> On May 5, 2004, at 8:26 PM, Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>> Never got any comments on this questions:
>>
>> - Check documentation, check for outdated stuff?
>> OJB start site needs a "facelift". Check "getting started" and
>> tutorials - any missing hints?
>

> Will do.

Great! Makes me happy ;-)

>> - Which tutorial classes/packages are valid, which one are outdate?
>> tutorial1, tutorial2 are outdated I think (but I'm not sure) -
>> remove?. What about tutorial5 directory (contains only a single class)?
>>
>> - After migration to Forrest [db-ojb]/xdocs is outdated - Remove it?
>> Any missed files in new Forrest xdocs?
>

> I'll double check that everything made it to forrest and remove old  stuff.

+1

if you interested in build the docs locally with Forrest, I made my used
Forrest snapshot free for download (other versions can make problems)
http://www.powaibel.de/ojb/download/

unzip and add environment variables
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#installing

ant target 'forrest' build docs only, target 'forrest-web' builds docs
with api doc.

>> - Problem local documentation. The ant targets 'htmldoc' and 'xslt'
>> don't work with new forrest-xdoc files. Should we include Forrest
>> generated doc in Source and Binaries OJB versions? I think so,
>> otherwise user need to install Forrest to generate the doc or only
>> can  read docs online.
>

> Yes! Include them, most definitely. You want to add these to the build?

yes I want.
I will add a new directory [db-ojb]/doc to source/binaries build include
the generated OJB documentation and remove the useless targets 'xslt'
and 'htmldoc'.

regards,
Armin