db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Speaking of 1.0
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 00:26:58 GMT
Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

> hi armin,
>
> is this a -1 then ?

hmm, I never do -1 vote in my life but you are right this sounds like
such a vote. I feel like an rigorous teacher ;-) - so

-1 till the following issues are fixed or official deferred (or should
we do last rc with known bugs?):

we have two major bugs in PB-api, one concerns multi mapped inheritence
(Jakob is working on that stuff, I'm sure he will fix this in near
future), the other concerns query of objects using referenced objects e.g.
crit.addEquals("ref1.ref2.ref3.name", "hello")
the generated SQL statement is not correct.

In ODMG-api we have some issues with m:n relations (see ...odmg.M2NTest)
(creation of m:n relations does not work proper - put note in
release-notes). And if I remove an object from an collection of a m:n
relation I expect that the entry in indirection table will be removed,
the object itself should not be removed - currently odmg does. In 1:n
relation this will be ok, but in n:m I don't expect this. Is this
intended behaviour?

Never got any comments on this questions:

- Check documentation, check for outdated stuff?
OJB start site needs a "facelift". Check "getting started" and
tutorials - any missing hints?

- Which tutorial classes/packages are valid, which one are outdate?
tutorial1, tutorial2 are outdated I think (but I'm not sure) -
remove?. What about tutorial5 directory (contains only a single class)?

- After migration to Forrest [db-ojb]/xdocs is outdated - Remove it?
Any missed files in new Forrest xdocs?

- Problem local documentation. The ant targets 'htmldoc' and 'xslt'
don't work with new forrest-xdoc files. Should we include Forrest
generated doc in Source and Binaries OJB versions? I think so,
otherwise user need to install Forrest to generate the doc or only can
read docs online.

regards,
Armin