db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Speaking of 1.0
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 01:05:51 GMT
Hi all,

Brian McCallister wrote:

> Let's release a final RC and if no *major* bugs reported in a week's
> time relabel it to 1.0!

Generally speaking I agree, but before this we should cleanup the CVS trunk:

- Check for used outdated/duplicated classes
My last CVS commit move a package from odmg to kernel to avoid
duplicated code

- Separate the tools stuff from src/java to src/tools
Started working on that, check in tomorrow

- Check documentation, check for outdated stuff?
OJB start site needs a "facelift". Check "gettting started" and
tutorials - any missing hints?

- Which tutorial classes are valid, which one are outdate?
tutorial1, tutorial2 are outdated I think (but I'm not sure) - remove?.
What about tutorial5 directory (contains only a single class)?

- After migration to Forrest [db-ojb]/xdocs is outdated and should be
removed.

- Problem local documentation. The ant targets 'htmldoc' and 'xslt'
don't work with new forrest-xdoc files. Should we include Forrest
generated doc in Source and Binaries OJB versions? I think so, otherwise
user need to install Forrest to generate the doc.

After finalize these peanuts I fully agree with Brian ;-)

regards,
Armin