db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject RE: Pluggable IndirectionHandler
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:28:14 GMT
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Clute, Andrew wrote:

> Sorry, bad formatting...

I added a bit documentation and made the interface more supportive for
subclassing:

> IndirectionHandlerDefaultImpl.java:
> private Object _realSubject --> protected Object _realSubject

Does materializeSubject suffice ? It now no longer changes the state but
rather simply returns the loaded subject.

> private Identity _id --> protected Identity _id

There already are getIdentity/setIdentity

> CollectionProxyDefaultImpl.java:
> private Collection m_data; --> protected Collection m_data;

Is it enough to redefine loadData which now returns the loaded elements
rather than changing the state of the proxy ?

> private int m_size = -1; --> protected int m_size = -1;

Similiar to above with loadSize.

Please check whether these methods work for you, otherwise I'll make the
fields protected (though reluctantly, I don't like exposing state to
subclasses :-).

Tom