db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: full OQL 3.0 parser for java?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:29:13 GMT
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Phil Warrick wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> Can you point to the odmg full grammer?  All I've ever seen on the odmg
> website is the 'sample' grammer upon which the OJB OQL parser is based.

That's the one. If you look into it, then you will see that it contains a
lot more stuff than the one with OJB (which dates 1999 if I'm not
mistaken).

> A cursory look at the sablecc grammer indicates that it has much more
> coverage.
>
> Of course if an available antlr grammer provides full support there's no
> reason to change.

And even if not, it should not be hard to add missing stuff to the Antlr
grammer if necessary. As I said, the runtime support probably requires
more work (for either parser generator).

Tom