db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: Enhancing sequence Manager documentation
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:13:51 GMT

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Armin Waibel wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I don't understand what you mean, but I provide myself to review all
> enhancements ;-)
> Do you mean the system table names and entries set when using
> SequenceManagerNextValImpl?

Nope, just what the corresponding table/columns look like in the
database. E.g. for high-low etc. this is a plain table (without any
identity/autoincrement stuff which should be pointed out to the
reader). But for NativeImpl and some others (MSSQLGuidImpl ?) the
tables look different, so examples would be a great help.
This is similar to the StoredProcedureImpl, which btw. could also provide
examples for other databases that support stored procedures (DB2 ?,
Postgres ?).
Likewise, it would be helpful if we provide at least pointes or also
examples for definining sequences in the various databases.

Tom