db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: OTM CollectionProxy Bug =(
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:37:58 GMT
Ack!

I have been digging into it and am right next to having it solved, I
think (as I know what is causing it, finally).

Short form: OTMCollectionProxyListener is being set on a swizzlded copy
of the Collectionproxy which is actually given back to the client. The
client loads the one it is given, but the swizzled copy is never
laoded.

The listener populates the stored values in the entry/context
(initialized to null before proxy is loaded) -- except it never
actually gets to do so.

When it comes time to compare for deletions the original collection is
null so the comparator presumes nothing has changed.

Are you radically changing ConcreteEditingContext (it needs some
refactoring)? If so I will hold off on fixing it. if not, will work on
getting it fixed this morning as this is basically breaking our app
here (as workaround is to not proxy otm-dependent collections, and
OutOfMemory errors are annoying) =(

-Brian