db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject [docs] Status of documentation
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:09:26 GMT
Hi all,

after migration to Forrest the "old" [db-ojb]/xdoc directory is no
longer valid. All documentation related stuff is now in
[db-ojb]/forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs

I made many content changes and add new sections in several docs, so
please review the docs.

I think we should make OJB start-side (index.xml) "more sexier" and
emphasise what OJB is and what not (e.g. not only a JDO implemetation),
think the multiple API support (2x proprietary, 2x standard) should be
in the front.
What do you think? Any suggestions?

-------------------------------
Lacking documentation
-------------------------------

- metadata.xml
metadata handling, metadata runtime changes
assigned to: arminw

- objectcache.xml
missing section about "cache filter". I'm not sure if we really need
this feature?

- index.html
better look, see above
assigned to: ????

- ojb-properties
think we should explain the major properties of OJB.properties file and
write a few lines about "pluggability" of OJB
assigned to: ????

- features.xml
do more clearly arrange topics
assigned to: ????