db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [New website] Migration to Forrest is done
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:14:25 GMT
Hi Brian,

Brian McCallister wrote:

> It looks really good!
>
> It doesn't render quite correctly in Safari on OS X:
>
> http://kasparov.skife.org/ojb-forrest.pdf
> http://kasparov.skife.org/ojb-forrest2.pdf

I saw your screenshots, but I can't figure out what's the problem?

>> - What to do with todo.xml? Forrest has specific support for a todo
>> site, example here:
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/todo.html
>> Should we use it?
>

> Does this accept xdoclet style todo stuff? ie /** @todo implement
> something here */
>
> If so, this can be nice -- if anyone ever looks at it for things to do =)

No, you have to declare it in a file called 'status.xml'

<todo>
  <actions priority="high">

    <action context="code" dev="arminw">
      bla, bla
    </action>
  </actions>
</todo

Similar declaration can be done for history of changes

<release version="0.2rc1" date="2002-11-13">
   <action dev="SM" type="add" context="admin">
         Initial Import
   </action>
</release>

>> - Dependencies site (specified in project.xml)
>> http://db.apache.org/ojb/dependencies.html
>> no longer exists.
>

> We should probably document this by hand anyway. The real dependency
> list for a deployment is typically FAR lower than the listed dependencies.

any volunteers?

>> - Should we add a "Who we are" site, showing all committers?
>

> I think so. It encourages people to contribute =)

I think this can be handled by Forrest status.xml too.
Don't know what to do to make work, but it seems possible ;-)

regards,
Armin