db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contribution: inheritance of field, reference and collection descriptors
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:08:35 GMT
Luis Fernando Pollo wrote:

>>* Think this improvement will make class-descriptor declaration
>>"order-dependend".
>

> It will.
>

>>The super class can only be found if the super class-descriptor was read
>>by the xml-parser before the sub class-descriptor. Such a restriction is
>>unduly in my opinion. Or do I overlook something?
>

> You're right, the super class can only be found if it was defined prior to
> the subclass definition in the XML repository. That doesn't seem too
> inappropriate to me, though.

Each tool/user has to take care of it and I think it is not specified
that each sax-parser implementation have to read files top down.

> The only way to get around this restriction
> would be to include the field/reference/collection inheritance code elsewhere
> (ClassDescriptor perhaps?).

Yes, or we read the repository with a dom-parser and extract the nodes
or we read the class-descriptors via xpath (allows to recursive read of
super classes) - but both possibilities require a rewriting of the
Repository reading stuff.

regards,
Armin