db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Handling of known issues / failure junit tests
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:42:09 GMT
Hi all,

yesterday I checked in some modifcations/new classes to handle known
issues and failure tests.
Up to now before a new release was made we commented out all failure
tests to provide a release without failure tests in test-suite. The
problem was that in most cases these known issues never be reactivated.

To avoid this procedure I add a new package 'org.apache.ojb.junit', move
existing junit extensions into this package and add a OJBTestCase class
(this class extends junit.TestCase). Now all junit tests should inherit
from this class (or other sub-classes in junit package, e.g. PBTestCase)

This class has a method

public boolean ojbSkipKnownIssueProblem()

to skip tests with known issues. In the test case this method can be
used in the following way

public void testQuery_InheritedReference()
{
   // TODO: skip this test, we have to fix this after 1.0
   if(ojbSkipKnownIssueProblem()) return;
}

I add new property to build.properties file

OJB.skip.issues=true

All ant junit target set this property as JVM system property.
If 'true' all "marked" junit tests will be skipped when running the ant
junit target. If you set 'false' all known issues will be reactivated.

If someone knows a better solution, please let me know.

regards,
Armin