db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Warrick <philip.warr...@mcgill.ca>
Subject full OQL 3.0 parser for java?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:36:43 GMT
Hi,

I came across this ?antlr-type? tool that can generate various parsers
in java:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sablecc

including one for OQL 3.0

Has anyone considered this tool for ojb?  I cannot vouch for it's
quality, but the New Zealand researchers who created it claim 'full'
support of OQL 3.0:

http://nzdis.otago.ac.nz/resources/allprojects.xml

I'm of the opinion that nothing comes close to a good _complete_ OO
querying solution than OQL at the moment, especially for complex OO
models.  I know it would require a push in the development of the PB
query api, but that would be a good thing, no?

I admit that I was a little inspired by the wiki ojb 1.1 request for
more OQL support -- i.e. I wasn't the author :)

Phil