db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enhancing sequence Manager documentation
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:28:52 GMT

Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Armin Waibel wrote:
>

>>Hi Tom,
>>
>>I don't understand what you mean, but I provide myself to review all
>>enhancements ;-)
>>Do you mean the system table names and entries set when using
>>SequenceManagerNextValImpl?
>

> Nope, just what the corresponding table/columns look like in the
> database. E.g. for high-low etc. this is a plain table (without any
> identity/autoincrement stuff which should be pointed out to the
> reader).

ok, agree this will helpful. A link to the "OJB internal tables page -
Platform" will be helpful too
http://db.apache.org/ojb/platforms.html

> But for NativeImpl and some others (MSSQLGuidImpl ?) the
> tables look different, so examples would be a great help.

What do you mean with "look different". In that case you don't use any
additional tables. ahh, assume you mean the database type of the column
(e.g. IDENTITY for hsql).

> This is similar to the StoredProcedureImpl, which btw. could also provide
> examples for other databases that support stored procedures (DB2 ?,
> Postgres ?).

This would be great improvement!

> Likewise, it would be helpful if we provide at least pointes or also
> examples for definining sequences in the various databases.

+1, and a note that if 'auto-sequence' was enabled OJB will do the job
for you.

regards,
Armin