db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Sfeir <rob...@codepuccino.com>
Subject Re: Clover
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 03:29:44 GMT
www.thecortex.net/clover

This is what clover is.  The only dependency is for checking for how
much unit test coverage you have for your code, so you can make sure
that you hit some high percentages of tests v/s code ratio, and make
sure your whole app is well tested.

OJB will not require clover to run at all.  Clover is only there to
compile your code with for coverage statistics, and that's it.  When
you compile the project with Clover, it inserts 'check points' to match
up unit tests with methods etc... Then it returns a full report of what
code is covered, what code is not.  As you write unit tests you can
monitor the progress of your code coverage over time, and know where
you're still weak, and where you excel.

You can of course always compile the code without Clover, and nothing
would be different.

HTH.