db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank Renaers" <Frank.Rena...@ikan.be>
Subject Platform setting and Datasource
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:50:01 GMT
Hi,

We are using a jndi Datasource to connect to the database.

<jdbc-connection-descriptor

  jcd-alias="descriptor_with_jndi_datasource"

  default-connection="true"

  PLATFORM="MsSQLServer"

  jdbc-level="2.0"

  eager-release="false"

  batch-mode="false"

  useAutoCommit="2"

  ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

  JNDO-DATASOURCE-NAME="java:comp/env/jdbc/scm4all"

  <sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImp
l">

    <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="1"/>

  </sequence-manager>

</jdbc-connection-descriptor>

The problem is that we have to define a 'platform' setting in the
jdbc-connection-descriptor,

So if a client uses another database, we have to change the platform
setting in repository_database.xml. (i.e. change our WAR file!)

Is there a workaround for this ?

Is it possible to set the platform setting at runtime based on the
specified driver name ?

Thanks,

Frank Renaers - Ikan Software