db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Greenlee <garcon_tragi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Contribution: inheritance of field, reference and collection descriptors
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:16:03 GMT
A couple comments.

--- Armin Waibel <arminw@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes, or we read the repository with a dom-parser and extract the nodes
> or we read the class-descriptors via xpath (allows to recursive read of
> super classes) - but both possibilities require a rewriting of the
> Repository reading stuff.

The only problem with this scenario is for large projects with large
repository files.  Using a dom parser dramatically increases the memory
requirements and parse time of the repository file.

Also, am I missing something, or does the ojb-xdoclet module already support
this behavior?  Is there a reason why support for this can't be left up to
supplementary tools like xdoclet?

Cheers,

Chris Greenlee