db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Metadata issues
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:30:31 GMT
I was pondering about the metadata handling in OJB (also because I need
some advanced stuff in a project of mine), and stumbled upon the following
situation:

Imagine that there is a single web application that uses two distinct
databases. Distinct here means fully separated, i.e. separated connection
descriptor (created at runtime), separated object metadata (in two
repository.xml files), and even different OJB settings (in particular,
different PersistentFieldClass settings).

Now I can create different connections using
ConnectionRepository.addDescriptor in conjunction with different PBKeys,
and I can also manually load the object metadata using
MetadataManager.readDescriptorRepository.

But how do I combine the connection with the descriptor repository,
e.g. I have (in the same thread) two connections each with its own
descriptor repository ?

Would it make sense to use the pbKey in the PersistenceBrokerImpl.refresh
as a key for obtaining the descriptor repository for this connection
method ?

Any thoughts appreciated,
Tom