db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: PersistentFields per class descriptors. was [RFC] Using java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:33:58 GMT
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Armin Waibel wrote:

> I don't know if it is allowed to ship OJB with BSD-style licence jars.
> Why you want to use dom4j - dom-parser or sax+xpath to map metadata?

As I already wrote in an earlier mail
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=ojb-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=6526),
there are several issues with this policy (we might not even be allowed
to ship the xml-apis.jar among others), and from what I read it is not per
se required by the license itself.

I like dom4j because it is really simple to use, powerful, and most XML
related stuff can be done in only a small number of lines of code
(e.g. parsing/writing, working with the tree, XSLT transformation
...). However I didn't want to advertize, it is only one of the
possibilities that came to my mind.

Tom