db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: PersistentFields per class descriptors. was [RFC] Using java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:28:18 GMT
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Armin Waibel wrote:

> yep, in OJB.properties the path to the repository file was specified
> (maybe we should change this in 1.1) and many default/standard classes
> (e.g. PersistentFieldClass) are defined. I like this, because it
> prevents us to define default implementation classes in source code,
> respectively allow us to change these classes.

I agree when we're starting OJB normally (e.g. obtaining a persistence
broker or whatever), but this IMO should not be necessary when using
metadata only ?

> I think it's decoupled. At least I assert this behaviour in these
> uncomplete doc ;-)
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/metadata.html
>
> You can load connection metadata different from persistent object
> metadata and vice versa. In object metadata no connection specific stuff
> is used.

If it is, all the better (don't remember about the connection
descriptor). I'll check. As I said, I can also write some tests later on
if required.

> Great! April is ok, at that time 1.0 should be released ;-)
> (dom4j licence?)

Dom4j is BSD-style.

Tom