db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: PersistentFields per class descriptors. was [RFC] Using java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:12:35 GMT
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:

> No. We can check if we are dealing with a proxy object using
> Proxy.isProxyClass.

That might be possible (though this call is costly), but have you checked
that the lookup happens every time for any proxy object, or is the class
descriptor cached ? The interface solution should be in place anyway as it
allows to specify interfaces in the repository descriptor (using
facade-class/-method).

> You can't change the way your proxies are created ?

Nope, I cannot change the business part at all (and even if I could, the
proxies are created by some aspect-oriented stuff, so I'd still be out of
luck). That's a nice property of OJB: I can specify the repository
descriptor and control creation and initialization with external classes
(factory-class/method, initialization-method) without having to touch the
business logic at all.

Tom