db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: PersistentFields per class descriptors. was [RFC] Using java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:05:14 GMT
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:

> I really think this is a desirable feature. I'm trying to use
> DynamicProxy objects work with obj and the PersistentFieldClass must
> call its getters and setters, but this is not true for other objects
> where calling getters/setters is not an option. So, obj should provide
> different PersistentFieldClass at the class/field level.

A quick fix for you would be to combine the two field handlers to one
handler that first tries to access the field directly, and if that fails,
searches for accessors (the 'fast' way) or vice versa (the 'safe' way in
case the getters/setters do something other than returning/setting the
field).
I'd rather avoid doing big metadata changes before 1.0, and such a handler
would be useful anyway.

Tom