db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: auto-XXX setting confusion
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:53:15 GMT
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Armin Waibel wrote:

> recently several posts on the user-list discuss the behaviour of the
> auto-XXX setting (especially auto-update 'true/false' for m:n relations)
> - what should be the expected behaviour?
> The most confusing attribute is auto-update. Here my thoughts about
> auto-update false setting (on PB-level).

As a side-note, IMO we should also do something about their usage in
ODMG/OTM/JDO. I think it would be better to ignore the auto-update and
auto-delete settings in theses modes (according to DTD they are expected
to have the value 'false') since having a 'true' value leads to confusing
behavior of OJB (double inserts and the like).

Tom