db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] Using Forrest to generate docu
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:15:00 GMT
Hi all,

I would propose to change the tool for web-site/documentation
generation. Currently Thomas use Maven to the job, but Maven is hard to
handle and has less documentation. Further on Maven corrupt (or we do
something wrong) some of the html-sites, e.g. see
http://db.apache.org/ojb/query.html#report%20queries

Yesterday I had a first look on Forrest (latest from SVN). It's really
impressing, many things will be handled automatic. Forrest generates an
side-summary (index) at the beginning of each page (currently we do this
by hand), an pdf-file for each site (I think one big pdf for the whole
web-site was currently not supported), checks for broken links, ...

I don't have experience in other documentation frameworks, so I can't do
comparisons, anyway it looks fine.

What do you think?

regads,
Armin