db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject New auto-xxx handling
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:25:31 GMT
Hi all,

I checked in the new auto-update/-delete stuff. This should be 100%
backward compatible with the old stuff.

auto-update/-delete now support the following values
none, link, object, false, true

BrokerHelper has new methods used to handle the new 'none' setting.
These methods allow to assign/remove the FK in the referenced objects.

public void link(Object obj, boolean insert)
public boolean link(Object obj, String attributeName, boolean insert)
public void unlink(Object obj)
public boolean unlink(Object obj, String attributeName)

I added new test cases to check the new settings:
...broker.CollectionTest2
...broker.M2NTest
It is not possible to test all combinations of auto-xxx settings. If you
miss some, please enhance these new tests. We need an similar test for
1:1 relations too.

More details can be found in the "auto-xxx setting (PART II)" thread on
dev-list and in near future in documentation (will start with this work
today).

All test pass, but please review and check my made changes (maybe with
your local tests).

regards,
Armin