db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Ilkka Priha <impr...@surfeu.fi>
Subject Re: auto-XXX setting (PART II)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:56:00 GMT
Hi

I agree that this feature should be available for use asap separately from other
potentially unstable new stuff. The best alternative is rc6 and the second best
1.0.1 very soon. But if 1.1 is planned to come out in June, forcing 1.0.1 in
April for this one only sounds quite useless for me.

We are working with several dbs facing this problem and the specified changes
appear to provide a consistent way to manage reference handling in most of our
use cases. Thanks to Armin and others, nice work.

-- Ilkka

Armin Waibel wrote:
> Brian McCallister wrote:
>
>> 1.0.1 doesn't need to be solely bug fix -- but it should avoid major
>> new functionality.
>>
>> Adding this, if it doesn't break any regression tests, should be fine
>> in 1.0.X imho.
>>

> Each 1.0.x version should be more stable than the prior one. That's why
> I think rc6 will be ok for check in, because then have one week (till
> final 1.0) to find any side-effect (I don't expect side-effects, but
> maybe...)
>
> Another reason is that I don't want to do parallel development (1.0
> branch and CVS trunk). After the final 1.0 I want concentrate work on
> 1.1 and only do major bug fixing for 1.0.x.
>
>> In fact deprecating in 1.0.1 and removing the old way in 1.1 is fine
>> in my mind -- as 1.1 is a long ways off yet.
>>

> Is the finish line 1th June for 1.1rc1 a long way off? ;-)
>
> regards,
> Armin
>
>> -Brian

or