db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: auto-XXX setting (PART II)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:08:08 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Brian McCallister dijo:
>
>>On Mar 22, 2004, at 4:26 PM, Armin Waibel wrote:
>>

>>>Now the question is should we check in the new full backward
>>>compatible auto-xxx stuff before 1.0 (with updated documentation) or
>>>wait until 1.1?
>>
>>1.0.1 or 1.1 at the earliest, I would think. I would like to keep API &
>>Configuration frozen until 1.0.
>

> +1
>
> The old way must work as today.

That will be no problem the old way will work as today, because I'm from
Old Europe ;-)
For auto-update and auto-delete we introduce new types NONE, LINK,
OBJECT and the old FALSE,TRUE will also work like before. For
auto-update LINK <=> FALSE, auto-delete NONE <=> FASLE
and TRUE is always the same as OBJECT.

> You can deprecate it in 1.0 and delete it in 2 or 3 future releases.

I can only deprecate it in 1.0 if I check in the new stuff, because
deprecate it without allow the user to use the new handling doesn't make
sense in my opinion or I'm wrong and it's a matter of common knowledge
to do that?

regards,
Armin