db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: checkstyle for ojb ?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:55:08 GMT
Hi Jakob,

I'm a fan of using such a tool for quality improvements.
They usually find a lot of "smelly" code. Only problem: they usually
find to much to deal with... It's totally frustrating that your piece of
software has 3478 defects. If it said here are the top 20 things to
improve, it would be much more motivating...

I think makes sense to start with settings that allow to find only very
few defects (say unused local variables).

cheers,
Thomas