db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: JDO (and OTM additions) (and maybe a PB addition)
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:01:46 GMT
On Mar 26, 2004, at 1:23 PM, Thomas Mahler wrote:

> I'm not absolutely sure about 1). Maybe it could be implemented as a
> specific FieldAccess strategy on the PB level.

That is exactly what I want to do, sorry it wasn't clear =)

> But I see at least 2) and 3) above the PB layer (presumably on the OTM
> layer).
> Why to you think that those should be handled on the PB level?

Adding the interface at the PB level would be solely be because of the
PB level FieldAccess strategy. It could be purely in the o.a.ojb.jdo
namespace if we wanted -- just didn't know if we wanted to provide
bytecode-enhanced optimizations as an option in general (no dependency
on the javax.jdo namespace).

-Brian