db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: JDO, was 1.0 final release
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:58:50 GMT
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:

> What *are* people's thoughts on this? I heard support for the JDO-lite,
> but putting effort into JDO-lite instead of JDO is a serious question.

I would vote for a complete implementation of JDO, but I wonder whether
there is need for YAOSJI (yet another open source JDO implementation).
There at least four that I know of:

http://jpox.sourceforge.net/
http://xorm.sourceforge.net/
http://speedo.objectweb.org/
http://tjdo.sourceforge.net/

Wouldn't it be more useful to approach one of them and propose an
adaptation of their framework so that it uses OJB (AFAIK tjdo has an
Apache License which would ease things) ?

Just my 2ct ;-)

Tom