db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: Feature proposal
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:34:07 GMT
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Andy Malakov wrote:

> > .. Rather than extend I would lean towards providing alternate implementations
>
> Thank you Brian, that would be even better. From what I can see clients use all public
methods of IndirectionHandler:

> public interface IndirectionHandlerIF extends InvocationHandler {
>      boolean alreadyMaterialized ();
>      Object getRealSubject ()
>      void setRealSubject (Object)
>
>     void addListener (MaterializationListener listener);
>     void removeListener (MaterializationListener listener);
> }
>
> Customized class may implement the above interface and declare constructor with the same
signature as IndirectionHandler.

I recently simplified the proxy handling so this shouldn't be too hard to
support (though not in 1.0 ;-). However such an interface will be
absolutely necessary to distinguish OJB proxies from application proxies!

As for the name of the interface, what about IIndirectionHandler ;-) Just
a little sad COM/DCOM joke ...
Earnestly, what about OJBInvocationHandler or something like that ?

Tom